COVID-19 – Consultations
COVID-19 has altered the way we provide some services. Some consultations with the Cardiologist will be via TeleHealth. The doctor will call you on the telephone at your appointment time so it’s important to wait for their call. Here’s how to be ready:
- Ensure you are ready for their call, background noise is reduced e.g. turn off the radio or tv
- Have a list of medications handy and remember to ask the doctor for a repeat script if needed
- Tell the doctor clearly how you have been feeling and if this has changed since your last visit
- Make a list of questions you might like to ask the doctor
- The doctor may ask you to attend a face-to-face consultation for further examination or treatment
- You will be bulk-billed for this consult but if you attend for a face-to-face consultation, a fee will be charged as normal.
- If you need to attend for a face-to-face consultation only you should attend unless you require assistance. We ask all other parties to wait outside the practice.
COVID-19 – Diagnostic Tests
If you are booked for a test with Eastern Heart Victoria, our clinical staff will take all precautions to ensure your safety and theirs.
- Clinical Staff will be wearing appropriate PPE including masks.
- You maybe asked to wear a mask during some procedures.
- Only the patient is permitted in the practice, all other parties must wait outside the practice.
To make an appointment, please contact us on (03) 8892 2222. All appointments are centrally managed from our Box Hill Practice. Please arrive 5-10 minutes early for your appointment to complete any forms prior to seeing our cardiologists or having your test.
SMS Appointment reminders
Eastern Heart Victoria sends an SMS appointment reminder 48 hours prior to any test. Please ensure you register your mobile phone number with us to receive this service.
Cancelling an appointment
Please contact us at least one day ahead if you need to cancel your appointment. An alternative time can be arranged when calling. Calling ahead to cancel allows us to offer your time to another patient.
Results are sent to the referring doctor as soon as possible to minimise any delay in ongoing medical treatment. A majority of our reports are sent electronically within 24-48 hours.
Eastern Heart Victoria is a private practice and a fee is payable for all tests performed. Fees are required to be paid on the day of the test or consultation. Bulk Billing is only available to eligible Pensioners for Diagnostic Tests. The cost of providing a comprehensive medical service is high, however, we strive to keep fees reasonable. You will be advised the cost of the test when making an appointment. Eastern Heart Victoria offers online Medicare claiming.
Outstanding account holders are notified on a regular basis but if your account is more than 120 days overdue, it is referred to our debt collection agency. To avoid this, please settle your account on the day of service.